Posted by Dr. Don Cross on February 18, 2016
Brace yourselves...Audits are coming!
At the beginning of each New Year, every clinic needs to review its operations according to the following checklist. Review this list ASAP to ready yourself and your staff. Keep all documentation in case of a HIPAA Audit.
Checklist for Success
▪ Password Policy
▪ Off-site back-up of data base (viable as well as current)
▪ All software is up-to-date on all updates/patches
▪ Anti-Virus is up to date
▪ Check time limit on all screen savers
▪ Check Business Associate Agreements
▪ Employee Training Log up-to-date (attestation, logging, etc.)
▪ Review Audit Logs (completed, CAP’s completed?)
-Billing Procedures Audit
-Billing Compliance Audit
-Training Logs Audit
▪ Physical Security Assessment (complete walk-through)
▪ Privacy Policies (posted and on website, signed receipts?)
▪ First Aid kit needs restocking?
▪ Fire Extinguishers current?
▪ Safety Training completed and Logged?
▪ Changes needed?
▪ Attestations current?
▪ Attestations in employee files?
▪ Log it!